Optimus Health Care
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS), an international Catholic organization, has the mission of serving refugees and others forcibly displaced people. JRS provides services at both the national and regional levels with support from an international office in Rome. JRS was founded in November 1980 by the Society of Jesus.
Optimus Health Care Supervisor
- Type of Job Full-Time
- Experience3 – 4 Years
- Job Field Healthcare, Non-Profit
Supervisor: Project Director
Nigeria is the country of assignment
Taraba is the place of assignment
IntroductionJesuit Refugee Service is a faith-based Catholic International Organization that works across 56 countries. Its mission is to support, serve, and advocate for refugees and IDPs in conflict areas, detention centers, camps, and urban settings as well as on remote borders. JRS offers psychosocial support programs in refugee camps and detention centers, humanitarian aid in emergencies displacement situations, education and livelihoods programs, and skills development that will allow for integration into host communities.
The Health Supervisor supervises and trains community health workers. He or she is also responsible for the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of their activities.
- Support the Field Officers and Health Team in the design and implementation of hygiene and health promotion programs.
- As required, develop health tools with the team and Field staff.
- Assist the Health workers with the preparation of a campaign. Make sure they have all the equipment and materials.
- Identify innovative ways to address the needs of the target audience.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring, and evaluating health and hygiene promotion/education programs in the target areas.
- Participate in the design and execution of formative assessments as well as baseline studies together with other members of the health project team.
- To improve the efficiency of the project, suggest modifications that may be necessary or desirable.
- Coordinates with other stakeholders in the Field to ensure smooth, efficient, and successful implementation of hygiene promotion.
- Assists in the execution of other activities, such as surveying or vaccination campaigns. As per the requirements and as directed.
- Participate in the writing of activity reports and managing knowledge by ensuring documentation of all activities, sharing information with stakeholders, and proper handling of information.
- Participate in daily debriefings and the weekly JRS Nigeria team meeting.
A University degree in Health Sciences, such as Nursing, Public Health, or any other technical-related discipline.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience as a supervisor in the health sector.
- Skills and experience in the management, supervision, and building of capacity for community health volunteers and staff.
- Experience in the implementation of medical ethics and public health.
- Knowledge of both communicable and non-communicable diseases is essential.
- Good reporting skills.
- Respect JRS values, and adhere to the code of conduct.
- Excellent English language skills and working knowledge of Hausa, if possible.
- Understanding humanitarian principles and health-related programs
- You must have strong coordination, communication, and advocacy skills.
- Refer to past employers for traceable references.
- Flexibility to work with a multi-cultural team.
- Ability to work and live in insecure and unstable environments.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excel and Microsoft Excel skills are essential.
Optimus Health Care Supervisor Method of Application
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please include the job title and the location in the subject section. Late submissions will not be accepted.